Welcome! Come share my tasty, lip-smacking recipes, that are crunchy-on-the-outside, chewy-on-the-inside, and without a single natural ingredient or essential vitamin to get in the way of the rich, fudgy taste. Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: Some of the following recipes may actually be healthy.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Corn Casserole

I commandeered this super easy recipe from Paula Deen a few years ago. It's one of those stick to your ribs kind of dishes that fits perfectly into any Thanksgiving meal. I add slightly more liquid than the original recipe because in my opinion Paula's casserole was, well, dry. I've also substituted in frozen creamed corn because I love the sweetness that you get from those weird little logs.

Serves 6-8
2 logs frozen creamed corn, thawed
1 (8oz) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 c. sour cream
½ c. melted butter
  1. Preheat oven 350°.
  2. Grease an 8x8" baking dish, set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, stir corn until no longer clumpy.
  4. Add muffin mix, sour cream and butter.
  5. Stir until well combined.
  6. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish.
  7. Bake 45-60 min or until golden.
  8. Can be served warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your comment in English, if possible, esp. if you want me to reply. All comments made on posts older than a week will take a few hours to post.