Welcome! Come share my tasty, lip-smacking recipes, that are crunchy-on-the-outside, chewy-on-the-inside, and without a single natural ingredient or essential vitamin to get in the way of the rich, fudgy taste. Enjoy!

DISCLAIMER: Some of the following recipes may actually be healthy.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Creamy Chicken Dip


There's an old adage that says gossip is the highest form of flattery. If that's true then making someone else's recipe your own would be the highest form of culinary flattery. I commandeered this recipe after visiting a couple of our friends for Labor Day. I have to admit that I probably would never have thought of a dip like this on my own. I tend to lean more towards cheese or fruit when considering an appetizer. Despite all my preconceived notions, this chicken dip is so satisfying and easy to whip up that I couldn't help stealing the recipe.

Southerners absolutely love ranch. My husband was overwhelmed, I think, by the ranch mania when he first moved here from Michigan. I remember him exclaiming once, "do you guys (not y'all; he's a Yankee) put ranch in everything?!". Well, yes, we do put it in quite a few things. The ranch flavor of this recipe lends just enough of a back note that people wonder what it is they are tasting. I know I did when I first had it. Feel free to up the ranch dip mix if you want that "BANG, RANCH" flavor.

When I made it, I only had 4 oz of cream cheese in the fridge, so my dip was very loose. But you'll use the right amount and it'll be great! Thanks again Lanie!

Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
1 (10oz) can white meat chicken, drained
8oz cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp ranch dip mix, more or less to taste
  1. In a small bowl, stir chicken well to break up all of the chunks.
  2. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and ranch.
  3. Cream the ingredients together until you have a uniform mixture.
  4. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
  5. Serve with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your comment in English, if possible, esp. if you want me to reply. All comments made on posts older than a week will take a few hours to post.